While I was in Chicago, we headed over to Oak Park (just a 40 minute train ride from downtown) to see some of the Frank Lloyd Wright architectural sites. I was so excited to discover a Cheryl's Cookies store. Until I went in, I didn't believe it really was a store with the amazing Cheryl's Cookies I have seen in catalogs. Cookie Heaven! With so many flavors, it was hard to decide what to try. Beautiful boxes were available for packaging gifts. Cookies were $1.60 each or 5 for $5. I tried 11 :) Take a look...
- average, better off sticking with specialty cookies
- just like the chocolate chip cookie with pretty colorful chocolate candy pieces
- expected more of this cookie- tasted just like banana cookies I make with chocolate frosting on top
Carmel Chocolate Pecan- fantastic chewy carmel with ground pecans mixed in
- soft peanut butter cookie that's not grainy, great chocolate frosting, candies add a nice crunch
- lots of chocolate and carmel without too much salt
- messy with a strong peanut butter flavor and lots of chocolate chunks
- delicious buttercream over a soft cookie (equal parts buttercream and equal parts cookie!)
Buttercream Frosted Cinnamon Pumpkin- great fall cookie with strong cinnamon and pumpkin flavors
- perfect for the holidays, wonderful peppermint frosting
- fresh, light lemon flavor, but in need of more blueberries
Order cookies at www.cheryls.com. Have a great Thanksgiving!